Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Birthday Freebies

Hello World,

Instead of a DIY project for you today, I thought I'd share a list of places that sent me birthday deal emails. I do love a good coupon, and who doesn't like a freebie to help celebrate their birthday?


I received emails from the following companies in 2014:

Cold Stone Creamery - My local Cold Stone is located right next to a movie theater, so just about anytime I see a movie during the summer, I get a Like It (small) sized ice cream. Their birthday email had a Buy One, Get One Free Creation coupon, good for seven days after my birthday.

Hot Topic
 - I signed up for a HT+1 account a few years ago, and each year they send me a birthday coupon. This year it was $5 off my next $30 purchase in store or online, good for the next 30 days.

Jack In The Box - I received an email on my actual birthday, with a coupon for two free tacos (with any purchase). It was good the entire week of my birthday. I redeemed mine yesterday, and ended up spending $1.00 + tax on fries. (Off subject, but I have not stepped foot inside a Jack In The Box in years. I always just use the drive through. Have they always kept all their condiments hidden behind the counter?)

Kellogg Family Rewards - Inside specially marked Kellogg's products are 16 digit codes that you can redeem online for coupons and goodies. Back in college, I ate my fair share of Pop-Tarts, and redeemed my codes to buy even more Pop-Tarts. For my birthday they sent me a code worth 100 points. (The email also included a $20 credit to Shutterfly.)

Olive Garden - Good for one week after my birthday, Olive Garden sent a coupon good for one free appetizer or dessert (good with the purchase of two adult dinner entrees (not including soup, Garden Salad, or pizza) on the same check). I haven't redeemed this yet, since my favorite thing to eat at Olive Garden in the Zuppa Toscana soup.

Pizza Hut - Pizza Hut is constantly sending me coupons. Their birthday email included a coupon for free cinnamon sticks with my next online order.

Qdoba - I signed up for their rewards program, and received a Buy One, Get One Free coupon on an entree, good for a seven days after my birthday.

Sally Beauty - If you don't have a cosmetology license, you can join their Beauty Club for $5. After buying a Beauty Club Membership, you receive a coupon for $5 off your next purchase. For my birthday they sent me a $10 of $20 coupon. I redeemed this yesterday and added even more colors to my Gelish collection. (Off subject - dark Gelish colors take about three coats if you want to avoid streaking.)

Sephora - If you sign up for a Beauty Insider account, you are eligible for a birthday gift. I stopped by my local Sephora (inside JCP), bought a sale Sephora eyeshadow palette, and picked up my free Make Up For Ever deluxe minis.  It included a Smoky Extravagant Mascara and a Rouge Artist Natural lipstick. The birthday gift changes every year, with last year's being Benefit deluxe minis.

Shari's
 - Signed up for the Pie Club last year, and both years I have received a coupon for a free slice of pie, good for about a month after my birthday.

Starbucks - Register a Starbucks Card on their website, and they'll credit your account with a free handcrafted beverage, Starbucks bottled beverage, or food item of your choice, for your birthday. They also sent me a code for 15% StarbucksStore.com.

Ulta - I signed up for their rewards program, and was sent a coupon for a free full-size Signature CK (Calvin Klein) One Mascara, valued at $18. I redeemed this coupon yesterday, and was excited when I realized the mascara wand is adjustable - never seen anything like that before.

Vanity - A week before my birthday they sent me a 20% off coupon, good towards my entire full price purchase. It also stated that sale, promotions, and clearance cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons and discounts.

I also received a happy birthday email from my student loan repayment company. Unfortunately, there was not a coupon or discount in their email. A girl can dream...

As a warning, if you sign up for promotional emails, be prepared to have your inbox flooded. I have multiple emails, with an old high school one that I always use when signing up for deals/newsletters. Gmail's new categorized inbox tabs also help to filter important and promotional emails. As a tip, sign up way in advance. Some of these companies skipped me last year because I signed up in my actual birthday month.

*There is no guarantee these deals are sent to everyone on these companies' mailing lists. Almost every email stated that the deal is "subject to change," are valid at only participating locations, and hold no cash value. Remember to be careful with who you give personal information to.

Do you have any birthday deals that you have redeemed?

No comments:

Post a Comment