Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Spray paint all the things!

Hello World,

Spray paint can work wonders. In just a few minutes, you can transform a thrifted item into a chic piece of home decor. I also recently bought my first can of chalkboard paint, and am now obsessed. I keep finding more and more items to make into chalkboards.


I bought the plaque above at a thrift store, spray painted it with a glossy white paint, and then added two layers of chalkboard paint to the center. It also has a hanging mechanism on the back, so now I just need to decide what room to hang it in.


In my spray painting frenzy, I randomly grabbed a starfish off my bookshelf and painted it gold. Next thing you know, I'm grabbing the rest of them and painting them each a different metallic color. I love how metallic spray paint makes items look more expensive.


I previously did posted tutorial for creating ombre/gradient vases. I used the same technique on these $0.25 vases I bought at a thrift store. Now I am just waiting for spring so I can pop some fresh flowers from my yard in them.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment